Friday, September 03, 2010

7 Mile Run in the Pine Bush
Friday, September 3, 2010

Another day where it took considerable effort to overcome inertia and get my butt out the door... I'll be glad when the cooler weather arrives this weekend.







Initially headed over to the Madison Avenue Pinelands trailhead (aka "the water tower") but was put off by the crowd I saw heading in as I drove up... didn't feel like sharing the trails with that many people this evening. So instead I ended up at the Discovery Center and happily saw one other person while I was out slogging through the woods and meadows... though I did spot several deer and a heron and heard lots of birds. The chickadees seem to be especially prone to chattering away as I run through the pines... I'm beginning to think word is out and they're all actually laughing at me in chickadee.







A tough seven miles... hopefully my legs will feel stronger than they did tonight during Sunday's Oak Tree Half Marathon... I'll be using how I feel during and after my races over the next week or two to figure out if I want to attempt the Niagara Falls International Marathon at the end of October, or stick to "shorter" events this fall...







JMH