Wednesday, November 24, 2010

OK, This Was a Surprise...
Tuesday, November 24, 2010

A few weeks ago I ran a fun trail race down near Kingston - the Ulstercorps Service Spint, a 5 mile jaunt through the hills and hollows of the Hudson Valley Resort property on Williams Lake. I ran a decent race but I can't say I went all out, seeing as I was planning to run a bit more and ride my bike later in the day, and the next day I had the Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon up at Thacher Park. The race had a pretty good turn out for a 1st time event during a fairly busy racing season - about 50 runners or so.

So I was more than a bit surprised when the following arrived in the mail today:



Like I said after the Portage Lakes Du, sometimes it's all a matter of choosing the right race... even when you don't know you've done so. And it sure was awfully nice of the folks at Ulstercorps to take the time and postage to send me the certificate.

Of course, this also probably means I've reached the apex of my racing career... two age group first place finishes in one year. I doubt that'll happen again before I hit the 70+ age group... and possibly not even then!

JMH