Friday, December 03, 2010

Snow Tires.... Sigh
Friday, December 3, 2010

I do enough driving into what many people would consider the back end of nowhere (snowshoe races! yeah!) during the winter that I see the usefulness of snow tires on my car... heck, there was at least one occasion last winter where lots of folks were really having trouble getting their cars up into the Hallockville parking lot and my little Civic growled up the hill no problem. Between that and just plain doing a lot of driving during the winter (why would winter be any different from the other 3 seasons?) I appreciate extra traction.

But I also dread putting them on because I know my gas mileage will drop and the car will end up driving, as the technician who did the changeover put it tonight, "like a tank on a very bumpy road."

At least I can look forward to switching back to my regular tires sometime in March...

JMH