Saturday, January 01, 2011

WELCOMING IN A NEW YEAR OF OUTDOOR FUN & TORTURE
2.1 Mile Walk on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ann and I had hoped to get in a walk before heading to her parents' house for New Years dinner, but between the time and the rain that was falling we had to ditch that plan. But I couldn't start the year off without getting outdoors, so when I got back to Albany I headed over to the bike path for a walk. Not much to see (well, it was dark after all) beyond two vehicles in the park lot that clearly had occupants (one vehicle was running and had the stereo going) and two ATV's that passed me as I was heading back... one of those few times I wished I had a cell phone to call the police on them. No beavers, otters, skunks, or even geese... but it was still really nice to be outdoors on an unseasonably warm night... the first of 2011!

Of course, since I'm planning on a late-spring marathon, I suspect I'll be spending a lot of time on that stretch of bike path over the next couple of months...

JMH