Thursday, June 30, 2011

WOW! Alive at Five Viewed from Overhead
Thursday, June 30, 2011

Each summer Albany runs a free Alive at Five concert series in Albany Riverfront Park on Thursday evenings, closing down the park and the Albany end of the Corning Preserve. I've never really registered it as much more than a "stay away from the Corning Preserve on Thursdays" warning in the back of my mind - jam-packed crowded concerts just aren't my thing, even when they're free.

But I really wish I could have stopped on the Dunn Memorial Bridge tonight and taken some pictures, because the view from overhead was pretty impressive, and the opening band had barely started. People filling the ampitheater in the park, boats gathering on the Hudson River... definitely nothing I've ever seen before for what is always a pretty quiet spot when I'm there.

JMH