Thursday, October 27, 2011

FIRST SNOW
Thursday, October 27, 2011

When I left work today there was snow mixed in with the drizzle... surprisingly, a while later some was even starting to accumulate on the lawns across the street and the cars parked out front.

My first thought was to go for a run... except I've been pretty wiped out from too much work and not enough sleep. Then I thought I'd go for a walk... but I just couldn't summon up much enthusiasm to go out on a cold, grey evening into a mix of rain and snow. Maybe if it had been just snow, but the rain was a real deal-breaker.

So in the end I settled for a few looks out the window, where at least I can be dry and somewhat warmer...

As much as I enjoyed this first glimpse of snow, I hope we still have plenty of sunny, comfortably chilly autumn days left before winter really arrives.

JMH