Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No Surprise... No SnōShū...
Tuesday, February 20, 2012


Didn't take a psychic to see this one coming... we cancelled last weekend's snowshoe races because, well - there's no snow! And with temperatures forecast for the 40's and even 50's this week, along with on and off rain - doesn't look like that will be changing anytime soon, so the plug has been pulled on this weekend's race as well. Fortunately it does sound like they have plenty of snow for Nationals in Frisco, CO... but it's going to be tough going for anyone from around here, between the the few opportunities to train and racing at altitude.

On the plus side, the lack of winter weather has made it much easier to run trails... if only I was getting my backside out the door to run. At this point it seems more and more likely that I will have to skip the Instant Classic Trail Marathon in Virginia in mid-March - I've been way too lazy over the past few weeks and right now I doubt I could even finish 26+ miles, much less in 7 hours or less. Nothing's definite but right now I can't say it's looking good...

JMH