Thursday, August 09, 2012

A FUTURE CHALLENGE?
Thursday, August 9, 2012

Today I received an e-mail about an event happening down in the 'Gunks next May - the Rock the Ridge 50 mile challenge, being put on as a fundraiser for the Mohonk Preserve. Ordinarily I wouldn't even consider a 50 miler - I'm too darn slow to make the time cutoffs at most of them - but this one has a 24 hour time limit, which even I should be able to do. And it's in an area I absolutely love...

The catch - registration is a whopping $150, plus participants have to raise a minimum of $250 as well. I've got to admit, the registration fee seems fairly steep to me - but I've also been thinking about this all day, which tells me I've been bitten by the bug. The only question is - will it gain enough of a foothold for me to fork over the cash before the cap for individual runners (50) is met? (There are also relay and team options, but somehow I doubt I'll find three other folks willing to travel at my glacial pace and also willing to shell out that much money to do it.)

Decisions, decisions...

JMH