Saturday, September 08, 2012

QUIET...
Saturday, September 8, 2012

I find it more than a bit sad that the thing I noticed the most when I woke up in my motel room this morning was that it was QUIET. Sometimes I suspect I don't even register how much the area I live in gets on my nerves (and then of course there are other times when I'm very much aware of it...) Between the next door neighbors who seem to always communicate by shouting and the multitude of shrieking children they have (not to mention the constant cigarette smoke, but that's a different issue) and the new batch of college kids upstairs and the various loud students all around - my surroundings at home include an almost constant barrage of obnoxious background noise. That's the only thing I do like about waking up really early in the morning... it's usually about as quite as it gets around here then.

I won't be living here forever... but some days it seems like even living here for the near future is too long. It's going to be wonderful to someday bid a not too fond farewell to this crummy city and head off into the countryside to live instead.

JMH