Friday, November 16, 2012

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST...
Friday, November 16, 2012

I've been clinging stubbornly to my intention to run the Lil Rhody Runaround this Sunday, for a bunch of reasons - I enjoy the race a lot, it's one of my few remaining chances to run a race in RI this year, and I was also looking forward to visiting Trustom Pond NWR to check out the flocks of migrating waterfowl and Rome Point to hopefully check out the seals.

But - it's been a very long week at work, leaving me less than enthused about spending 8 hours driving this weekend. And while my foot has been slowly feeling better - I suspect it hasn't improved much beyond where it was last Saturday, when a short easy run left me limping around for a couple of days afterward. And at this point - if I'm going to have any chance of running the Seashore Nature Trail 50k, I don't know that I can afford more setbacks.

So at much as it aggravates me to do so - no Lil Rhody for me this weekend.

Sigh. Being injured really sucks.

JMH