Saturday, December 01, 2012

On the Road to - Danbury!
Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lots of memories stirred up driving down the TSP (Taconic State Parkway) and on I84 to Danbury this evening. A couple of years into grad school in CT, I decided I wanted to get to karate class at least once a week (I had started training during my senior year of high school, then only got to classes during breaks and the summer while I was in college, and once every month or so when I went off to grad school.) I spent a lot of time driving back and forth on the Taconic... a little less on I84, because after a while I started taking side roads for part of the trip just to provide some variety and help me stay awake.

Tomorrow I run for the first time in three weeks. Sounds like either a great idea or one of the dumbest things I've done in a while... guess I'll have a better idea which after 6 miles on the trails tomorrow, when I find out how much grief my foot is going to give me afterwards.

JMH