Wednesday, January 30, 2013

SIGH.
Wednesday, January 30, 3013

I was really hoping to run this evening... if for no other reason than it's always a kick to be running in shorts and shirt-sleeves in January, and tomorrow the temperature's supposed to drop back to more seasonable levels.

Except - when I got to the Madison Avenue Pinelands trailhead for the Pine Bush, I discovered that the trails are covered with ice - and I didn't have my screw shoes. I went a little ways in but quickly concluded that it was simply too treacherous. So I beat a careful retreat and figured I'd hit the bike path instead.

Except - because it was warm I wasn't wearing tights, and it started raining fairly steadily as I was driving over to the trailhead. It became apparent very quickly that I would end up pretty chilled if I ran in the rain, despite the much-warmer-than-normal temperatures.

So in the end - no run for me tonight, as a result of circumstances beyond my control (icy trails and the rain) and poor choices on my part (not having my screw shoes or a pair of tights with me.)

Hopefully tomorrow night will work out better - I really would rather not jump into the Cast A Shadow race on Saturday after having last run almost a week before...

JMH