Sunday, February 17, 2013

COLD & WINDY
Sunday, February 17, 2013

I really wanted to go back out and take down the markings for the Moody Spring course today - mainly because it would have given me a longer snowshoe than I ever done before (I think my current max is somewhere around 9.5 miles) and I really need to be building distance if I want to have any hope of making it to the finish of the Big Island Marathon in a month... exactly a month... OK, I feel ill now.

But today started out cold - about 10-15 degrees colder than yesterday - and turned very, very windy. Cold I don't mind. Cold and windy, on the other hand, can literally be a killer combo. Today it was bad enough that I couldn't even convince myself to stop anywhere on the way home to go for a walk, on a wonderfully sunny day.

As I sit here and listen to the wind howl outside, I'm pretty sure I made the right decision.

JMH