Sunday, February 03, 2013

One Advantage to the Stupor Bowl...
Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nope, not a football fan. Couldn't care less about the Super Bowl (though I would like to see the Ravens win... just because ravens are incredibly cool and intelligent birds. Sadly, I doubt being incredibly cool and intelligent is an advantage in football.) Some folks are incredulous when they hear that not only have I never watched the Super Bowl, but I never intend to. Even if it means I miss a slew of clever, cutesy, $8 million a minute commercials. Oh, the horror, the horror...

BUT - I did appreciate the reduced traffic on the Thruway when I drove back to Albany this evening. Guess there was a plus to a big chunk of the US population being glued to their humongous-screen TVs this evening.

UPDATE - Looks like someone else thinks the same way I do... here's an article with lots of info about ravens.
JMH