Friday, April 19, 2013

Frustration
Friday, April 19, 2013

Being sick all last weekend put me behind the proverbial eight-ball at work, and as the week progressed it became increasingly obvious that spending 8-9 hours in the car this weekend wasn't an option. So no Muddy Sneaker 20k for me tomorrow and more importantly, no time spent with my sweetheart this weekend (who has been sick herself.) Phooey.

After repeated tries to get the shop that's supposed to be working on my car on the phone this afternoon, I finally gave up and drove over there. When I spoke to them on Wednesday at lunch time, the car was supposedly almost completely taken apart (well, the relevant parts were) and the replacement parts were there - meaning another 4-5 hours of work and it should be done. Today I found out that none of the repair has been done yet, so it looks like Monday afternoon is the earliest I'll get my Civic back. Which means I'm stuck driving the damn loaner Forester around for another three days. I don't think it would aggravate me quite as much if I thought they were actually working on the car and it was just taking a long time because the mechanic isn't used to working on Hondas... but I suspect instead that most of the time it's been there (1 1/2 weeks now) it's just been sitting there with nothing happening, probably with other vehicles getting priority. All I can say is, once I have my Civic back and I'm confident that job was done right - that's the last time this shop will work on one of my vehicles (after 13 years of doing the major work needed on both my old Soob and my Civic) and I will not be going there to buy another car when the Civic reaches the end of its cost-effective life in a few more years.

Arrgh.

JMH