Monday, April 15, 2013

THAT FELT REALLY GOOD!
11.4 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Monday, April 15, 2013

I did question a bit if it made sense to go out for a ride, after spending the last 3 1/2 days sick and virtually non-stop trying to cough up my lungs... but it was such a nice afternoon, and I was feeling mildly energetic (a surprise, given how poorly I slept last night), and I figured any coughing I did would probably get rid of some more of the gunk in my lungs so... off to the bike path I went.

No surprise, the path from the Lions Park to Lock 7 was fairly crowded, but even with that it was a great evening to be out riding. Cloudy at first, but later the sun started peeking through. Out on the river I spotted several mergansers and a pair of bufflehead, as well as a couple of distant herons.

Just being on the bike out in the fresh air felt fantastic, maybe because the last few days have been fairly miserable. Even my coughing wasn't too bad... perhaps I've finally turned a corner on this blasted bug that's been kicking my backside since late last week (and possibly since early March.)

At Lock 7 I watched a number of swallows zooming around, and back at the Lions Park I was treated to the sight of an even larger group swooping and jinking - fantatstic!

JMH