Saturday, September 27, 2014

CRUD... A CHANGE IN PLANS
Saturday, September 27, 2014

Woke up feeling mildly funky this morning... a little achey, tired, and my throat had a slight catch in it. I had hoped that doing the du would kick it, but afterwards it became pretty apparent that if anything it was getting slightly worse.

So both my walks today were shortened and I dropped riding the southern Rockland County rail trails from my plans for the afternoon. Most likely I'll have to skip Pfalz Point tomorrow (right now I'm having trouble walking 2.5 miles, much less running 10) and riding on the Walkill Valley Rail Trail.

All of which means I spent an extra $100 for a room Saturday night in the crummy hotel I stayed at (got back too late to cancel the 2nd night) and I'll lose my registration fee for the Sunday race (at least that's a fundraiser for someplace I admire.) And I lugged my mountain bike up and down the Hudson River Valley for nothing...

Bleah.

JMH