Friday, October 17, 2014

A GORGEOUS FALL AFTERNOON
10 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, October 17, 2014

Today was the first day this week where I woke up feeling sort of normal. No fever and no feeling like I'd be dealing with the fever once I'd been up and about for a while. But only sort of normal, because I'm still tired and definitely weak.

That was abundantly clear when I took my bike over to the bike path this afternoon. Five weeks ago I rode 100 miles in one day up in Maine, averaging something like 12 mph... today I struggled to crawl along at 10 mph or so for a meager 10 miles. 

On the plus side it was a beautiful day with plenty of trees showing yellows, golds, and oranges, birds chattering away off in the foliage, both red and grey squirrels doing their thing, and even a very large snapping turtle crawling away from the river on some sort of snapping turtle mission (maybe finding a good place to hibernate?) It's too bad I forgot my camera, because it was a good day for photos.

Hopefully I am on the mend and can start getting back to some riding and running that won't be a struggle relatively soon.

JMH