Saturday, November 15, 2014

AND SNOW, TOO...
1.7 Mile Walk at Ooms PCA
Saturday, November 15, 2014

About an inch of snow on the ground at Ooms, which was a surprise after the bare dusting we had in Albany. The cold wasn't too bad, until the wind hit... then it was brutal, especially this early in the season.

I was a bit surprised that there were only a couple of geese and ducks on the pond, but maybe the rest were out eating... I know in the past I've been there at dusk when a hundred geese or more flew in to spend the night.

Usually I would just walk up to the gazebo and back, but today I decided the circle the entire pond. Lots of fresh beaver-chewed trees along the path between the pond and the road... guess they were pretty busy stocking up food for the winter.

Unfortunately, the walk was over all too quickly (or fortunately... that let me get out of the wind!) and it was time to get back on the road to southeastern CT, on my way to the Lil Rhody Runaround tomorrow...

JMH