Friday, March 20, 2015

END OF THE LINE FOR MY ORIGINAL CANON SX110?
Friday, March 20, 2015

It looks like my 1st Canon SX110 has reached the end of its useful life. For some time now the battery door has been loose enough that it thinks the batteries are dead when they're not... and more recently, the power button had gotten a bit finicky. Now it doesn't want to power up at all...


Not that I can complain, really... this fantastic camera has lasted for six years, hundreds of thousands of photos, and more abuse than I could have reasonably expected it to survive... heat, cold, water, snow, being dropped countless times, this camera had the crap beat out of it and kept going until (I suspect) parts just plain wore out.

...which is why a couple of years ago I picked up a replacement on Ebay - I actually bought a newer model prior to our Grand Canyon trip in 2010 (in case this one died in the middle of the trip) but I don't like some of the "upgrades" Canon made. And it's why I've currently got my eye on a couple of SX110's on Ebay... this model does everything I want for a smallish camera to bring with me when I'm running or riding (or when the weather is lousy and I don't want to risk my fancier Canon) so why risk buying a replacement I might be unhappy with?

JMH