Sunday, October 25, 2015

SIGH... NO GORILLA FOR THE TURTLE
Sunday, October 25, 2015



And I was really looking forward to running the Hairy Gorilla Half Marathon (or Squirrelly Six, if I didn't make the time cutoff at 5.75 miles) again.

Unfortunately, the bug that hit me on Monday didn't care, and while I'm no longer running a fever and my sinuses are much clearer than they were during most of the week - I'm still spending a lot of time trying to cough up a lung or two, and running a race today doesn't make sense under those conditions.

Maybe I can get out on my bike for a short easy ride this afternoon, and hopefully I will be able to go for a run in another couple of days. At least next weekend's race is a short one... hopefully I can get back on track for the series of tough weekends that follow after that.

JMH