Tuesday, December 08, 2015

6.1 Mile Run at the Vischer Ferry Nature Preserve
Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Finally got out for a run tonight... between sore knees, tired legs, and overall exhaustion running just didn't happen over the last week and a half. It was nice to get back to the Vischer Ferry Preserve, though I wish I'd gotten up there when it was a bit warmer and nicer, when maybe there were some waterfowl other than mallards and Canada geese hanging around...

Slow going, knees were grumpy, hopefully that will improve if I'm nice to them while I keep working the legs. Needed my headlamp for the last mile and a half or so... unfortunately, it ran out of juice about half a mile from the end, and being a dummy I hadn't brought a backup light. Fortunately, the trails are gentle enough and I have enough miles running in the dark that I was fine, but it did remind me to take a spare light with me if I haven't put new batteries in (or in this case, recharged the battery) right before I need the headlamp.

JMH