Tuesday, April 12, 2016

AND THE MYSTERY DUCK IS...
2.1 Mile Walk at Buckingham Pond
Tuesday, April 12, 2016

... a red-necked grebe. 

I don't typically go for a walk at the same place two days in a row... but I didn't feel like going far, and tonight's weather was very different than yesterday (sun and clouds vs clouds and showers)... and I was really hoping the mystery duck would still be around. And it is... from what I'm seeing in my guide books and on whatbird.com, they're not that common around here - I'm not sure if I've ever seen one before (possibly out at Iroquois NWR or Montezuma... we've seen a few different grebes out there.)

I wish I'd brought my better camera, but even the SX110 was able to get some decent shots of the grebe.
 
As well as some nice shots of the interplay of sunlight and shadow. Or in other words - it was a nice evening for a walk around the pond.

JMH