Friday, April 22, 2016

GREEN WITH TURTLES...
20.1 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, April 22, 2016

A bit warm and muggy today but it was really nice to get out for a ride in the morning rather than the evening. Initially the bike path was pretty quiet, though it did get busier around lunchtime.

Everything continues to green up nicely... a really pleasant change from the grey & brown winter we had. And there were turtles on all sorts of logs in the old canal, enjoying the warmth and a bit of sunshine.

The dams were down at Lock 8, so the river/barge canal west of there is full again - still low east of Lock 8, but I imagine that will change in the next week or so.

The ride today did have me wondering if I should have gone out to Rochester after all... but then I reminded myself that 20 mostly flat miles is very different from 20 very hilly miles - especially when sandwiched between a 5k run and a 3 mile paddle. I'm still feeling some of the effects of being sick, so I'm confident I made the right decision - as much as it sucks to be missing the paddle tri.
 
JMH