Saturday, May 07, 2016

SO MUCH FOR THE SUNSHINE...
Driving Through Southwestern MA & Northwestern CT
Saturday, May 7, 2016

Crossed the Taconics into the Berkshires and the sun disappeared, replaced by grey clouds and drizzle, with an accompanying temperature drop of about 10 degrees. I have a suspicion that tomorrow morning's duathlon is not going to be as pleasant as today's bike ride.

It was nice to drive down in the daylight - it's a fairly pretty drive, even in grey and drizzle, and brought back lots of memories of driving down this way for other races. I found myself really wishing I can find a way to do People's Forest this year... but since it's the day before the Lake Erie Duathlon in PA, I don't think that's too likely... I'd have to leave Barkhamstead and drive straight to Erie (about a 7 hour drive, ack) which just plain doesn't make sense.

I guess what it really reminds me of is that I miss some of the races that are no more, and I miss some of the people who either aren't doing races any more or have drastically reduced the number they do. What can I say, I don't do a great job of dealing with change, even though it is inevitable.

JMH