Friday, June 17, 2016

IT'S ALIVE!!!! (Sort of...)
Friday, June 17, 2016

Last summer I picked up an inexpensive (relatively speaking) refurbished laptop in anticipation of new teacher laptops this year at school and the possibility that my Netzero wireless internet gadget would no longer work on whatever Windows 8/10 device I ended up with... only to find out that the software wouldn't load properly in the one I bought. So for the past 9 months or so, I've used it for occasional work around here and contemplated selling it or setting it up as a new laptop for Ann (since hers is well over 10 years old.)

Last week I removed the HDD from it and dropped in the larger one I had originally bought for it, then loaded Windows 7 from scratch. Ran into a few glitches that had me wondering if it was going to work, but finally, yesterday I was able to get everything working properly and, best of all, the Netzero software loaded without a problem! So from here on out I can use it as my traveling computer and leave the school laptop (which fortunately was not replaced this past year) at home.

It's kind of nice to have one of my goals accomplished so early in the summer!

JMH