Thursday, July 07, 2016

SUMMER SHOWERS, BITTY BUNNIES, & EARLY EGRETS
12.3 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, July 7, 2016

I really don't like riding in the rain, but this week has been so hot and humid that I didn't mind the shower that hit just as I was leaving the parking lot. Of course it helped that I could see breaks of sun off in the distance and that the rain never really got all that heavy... as it happened, it was just enough to cool me down for the duration of today's short, easy ride but not enough to leave me wet and unhappy when I was done.

Lots of rabbit youngsters put in an appearance along the path this afternoon, as well as a few older ones. But the big surprise was seeing two egrets out along the river... they don't usually show up around here until early August.

JMH