Sunday, August 21, 2016

RIDING IN THE RAIN AGAIN...
7.8 Mile Ride on the Albany County Rail Trail
Sunday, August 21, 2016

The rain seemed to be holding off in the late afternoon, so I put the mountain bike on the car to go ride the unpaved portion of the rail trail between Slingerlands and Voorheesville. Naturally it started raining not long after I left the house, but I decided to be stubborn and ride anyway (and hope that it didn't turn into a downpour.)

It rained steadily the entire ride, leaving me soaked and grimy from the dirt thrown up by the wheels. Only one other person on the trail, and given the fact that she was still walking west when I was on my way back I suspect she was going somewhere rather than out for a stroll.

The steady rain last through my walk to the store after getting home (to pick up some steaks for dinner) and then picked up again later in the evening. No complaints here - we need the water, and the walk in the rain (with an umbrella) and later listening to it outside the bedroom window was quite enjoyably peaceful.

JMH