Sunday, September 25, 2016

#$*$%#&! COLD!!!
NO PAINE-TO-PAIN FOR THE TURTLE
Sunday, September 25, 2016

If all had gone well around now I'd either have finished the Paine-to-Pain Trail Half Marathon or be close to finishing... 13+ miles on an almost perfect early-autumn morning.

Instead I spent the morning driving back to Albany and am now rapidly demolishing a box of Puffs Plus with Lotion tissues... because last night almost non-stop sneezing kicked in and I fairly quickly found my sinuses draining more fluid than it would seem possible (if I hadn't been in this state in the past... but then, I have.)

At least I'm not running a fever (like I was two years ago on this same weekend...) - though I am pretty aggravated, both because this dang cold is miserable and going all the way down there without being able to run the race. Bleah!

JMH