Thursday, November 17, 2016

SHOULD'VE GONE FOR A WALK INSTEAD...
8.1 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, November 17, 2016

... but I haven't been on the bike since last Saturday. I knew I was in for a tough night when I found myself almost dozing off at stop lights on my way over to the trailhead.

I quickly downgraded my plans to around 10 miles, and then downgraded them further to "whatever mileage I have when I get back to the car." Hopefully I can get a decent night's sleep tonight and maybe be in better shape for a ride tomorrow, since the weather's supposed to be unseasonably warm.

I did catch a glimpse of a buck deer when I turned onto the spur path back to the parking lot... I don't think he knew what to make of me, but he finally took off into the field near the water treatment plant. I was worried he'd head into the road and risk getting hit but it looked like he stopped about halfway up the hill.
 
JMH