Monday, August 21, 2017

AN HONEST-TO-GOODNESS BEAST OF BUCKINGHAM!
2.3 Mile Walk at Buckingham Pond
Monday, August 21, 2017

I had originally planned to run tonight but as the day progressed I decided a rest day was in order instead, so I popped over to Buckingham Pond. The geese have moved on, and surprisingly there are only a few small groups of ducks there - and of course the Buckingham Beast turned out to be Chester the cat, But it's still one of my favorite places to walk close to home.

And tonight there was a definite payoff - as I was walking up the path between the pond and the overflow basin, a grey fox dashed across the path - a genuine Buckingham Beast! Hopefully he's just passing through and will avoid being spotted by too many people, since he'd probably be misidentified as a coyote and send people into a panic.

JMH