Wednesday, October 25, 2017

THANKS, VERIZON.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My home internet service has been out since Tuesday evening - what I discovered when I got home today is that's because I have no signal whatsoever coming in over the phone lines, not even a telephone signal. So I powered up my mobile access that I use when I'm at Ann's house and went looking for help filing a repair request with Verizon. After wading through a number of pages that tried to get me to do a bunch of diagnostic procedures (because after all I'm paying Verizon a bunch of money every month so I can work for them for free) I finally reached a page that essentially said "No dial tone - contact Customer Service by calling 1-800-VERIZON"

Now I realize most people would just pull out their cell phones and make the call (don't have one and I'm certainly not getting one just to do this... besides if I did get one, my first choice would NOT be Verizon!) but did no one at Verizon see the potential problem with having their answer to "No dial tone" be "call us"? That's right up there with telling the tech help guy that your email isn't working and having him tell you that if you'll just send him an email describing the problem he'll get right on it.

JMH