Wednesday, January 24, 2018

HOLY $&*#!!! IT GOT COLD AGAIN...
5.2 Mile Run Through the Albany Pine Bush
Wednesday, January 24, 2018

I really should have gotten out on my bike last night... since the temperature was around 20 degrees colder tonight even before the 15 degree windchills...

But at least I did get out for a run tonight. In light of yesterday's quote, I decided to pass on the rail trail and hit the Pine Bush instead. Unfortunately, the deep freeze left all the water and leftover slush from the last two days of warmth and rain frozen, which meant bare stretches of trail were few and far between. Fortunately, I keep my Katoohla microspikes in the car...

I think I need to get out in the Pine Bush more often... at one point it was my primary choice for running, but my visits have grown fairly infrequent over the past few years. Part of that may be all the changes they've made to the trail system, whether in the form of clearing wooded areas to create new meadows or the many trail re-routings and closures that have occurred. But I suppose I just have to get used to that - and it would be good to be more familiar with the trail system as it is now, given that there once was a point where I could run many of the trails in the dark with little or no light.

 
 
JMH