Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A TURTLE IN THE PLUMBING...
Tuesday, March 27, 2018

After that ominous-sounding title - all I have to say is, if you ever find yourself wondering if you can replace a leaking TPR (temperature & pressure relief) safety valve on a hot water heater, the answer is yes, you can. Other than the trip to Home Depot to pick up the parts, it took me about half an hour or so (and a lot of that was draining water from the tank) and initial signs are that the operation was a success. So my landlord should be happy because I saved her money on the plumber who would have come in to do the work and will be saving her money on her water bill in the future, and I'm happy because that water heater is no longer wasting water and the dirt floor in the basement might actually dry up now.

JMH