Friday, June 01, 2018

AN EVENING OF TURTLES
12.7 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, May 31, 2018

Busy evening as part of a busy week but for the sake of my sanity I needed to get outdoors, and a ride seemed the best option with the possibility of the Twilight Trail Run tomorrow evening.

Good choice, it had cooled off a bit and I spotted 5 snapping turtles alongside the path as I rode from the Lions Park to Lock 7, as well as one (or possibly two) sliders. I'm guessing egg laying, based on the number of nests I saw that have already been dug up.

After that it was a teaser of the typical bunny-fest that the bike path becomes on a summer evening.

Would have been nice to ride longer but between conserving my legs and time being at a premium... this was decent. And definitely worth the time away from getting work done, even though that means it will be even later before I get to bed tonight.



JMH