Tuesday, August 28, 2018

END-TO-END-TO-END, YEAR 3:
25.4 Mile Ride At Onondaga Lake Park, The Old Erie Canal Trail (Camillus), & A Few Roads In Between
Tuesday, August 28, 2018

OK, I'm embarrassed to admit this is the first time this year I've added to my Erie Canalway Trail end-to-end-to-end mileage... and I only added 8.1 miles (one way) at that. I had planned to get in a bunch of miles out near Buffalo earlier in the month, but that fell through... now I'm hoping to complete the Camillus-DeWitt and Utica-Little Falls stretches this year (because both are relatively close to home) and the project has become a 4 year plan.

Unfortunately, the sections mentioned above are mostly on-road which means they are some of the least enjoyable parts of the Canalway Trail. Not to mention the hills - the Canalway Trail tends to be fairly flat, the road connectors not-so-much.

On the plus side, while I didn't add much mileage today, I did get to ride the Western Shoreline Trail extension all the way to the end (previously, the gate to the new concert venue was always closed when I got there) and riding a bike is much more pleasant than running when the weather is as hot and humid as what we're experiencing at the moment.

JMH