Thursday, January 24, 2019

ICE 😣
Thursday, January 24, 2019

Rain last night, and rain all day today. Rain, rain, rain. Except at some point this evening the temperature made a sharp drop to below freezing... so now everything is encased in ice. I had to walk in the middle of the street to go to the grocery store a couple of blocks away - I could have worn my screw shoes and been fine walking outside, but those can be very slippery when walking indoors on a smooth floor.

I also discovered that all the rain had some water seeping into the basement - nothing that will cause problems, but it did get me thinking that I need to work out a way to get a hose outside if I need to run the pump - last time I used the hole for the dryer vent but that's now spending its time being a dryer vent.

JMH