Friday, January 11, 2019

WILDLIFE ON A COLD, COLD DAY
Friday, January 11, 2019

Walked out to the backyard this morning to add seed to the feeders and was treated to a glimpse of the hawk before it flew off - perhaps this is why the birds seem to be at the feeders less often. Can't really blame him (or her) for wanting to hang out at the birdie buffet (I suspect the squirrels are too big - this is just a small Cooper's hawk.)

I had hoped to go over to the Pond and walk after work, but it was just too dang cold and windy, so I settled for yet another variation on my walk around the local neighborhood. Spotted what I think was a very cold-looking mockingbird huddled in a leafless bush, and since I was walking at sunset during the later parts groups of crows flew overhead, off to wherever they're roosting for tonight.

JMH