Saturday, May 11, 2019

TORTURE TEST COMPLETE
Saturday, May 11, 2019

Between how my legs were feeling by race#3, how tired I was of driving (somewhere between 9 & 10 hours on the road between Friday afternoon and Saturday night), and the prospect of wet dreary weather, I decided to bail on the race at Vassar Farm. Could I have done it? Sure. Would it have been really slow? Definitely. But where I looked forward to doing the first three races, Sunday just sounded like a grind.

On a positive note, they were willing to change the date of my reservation at the New Paltz Rodeway Inn so now I have a room to go to after the Summer Solstice 14k in June and I'm not out the cost of the room for not showing up Saturday night.

The next few days will determine the ultimate results of the Torture Test. I no longer doubt that I could finish the Rat Snake 18k, but it unclear if I'll want to pay the price for doing so (in terms of how long afterwards my legs will be dead) especially with the River Challenge Triathlon coming up on Memorial Day weekend.

JMH