Saturday, October 19, 2019

A GORGEOUS FALL DAY
8.8 Mile Run at Onondaga Lake Park
Saturday, October 19, 2019

This one was an unexpected change of plans - I was originally supposed to be an hour south of Syracuse at the Dryden Rotary Fall 10k. But as I was eating breakfast I realized I really didn't have much enthusiasm for spending 2 hours in the car when I could have a more relaxed morning and spend some of that two hours running some additional miles.

Cool, crisp, sunny fall mornings are some of my favorite times to run, and I've also become quite fond of running at Onondaga Lake Park. I had hoped to run some of the trails at Long Branch Park as well, but it looked like they were having a cyclecross race there.

Best of all I managed just under 9 miles in the time I had, at a fairly steady pace. This gives me some hope I'll survive next weekend (with both a 5 mile and a 5k on Saturday, and then a 10 mile on Sunday.)

 
 
JMH