Saturday, October 26, 2019

STILL NO WALK ON THE MARGINAL WAY
Saturday, October 26, 2019

I'm not sure when the last time was that I tried to walk the Marginal Way in Ogunquit - possibly after the SRTC Skills USA 5k back in 2016, because I remember the weather being somewhat iffy - but I decided to try again today, on my way back down the coast from the Wicked 5k in Kennebunk. The Marginal Way is a paved path that runs along the Ogunquit shoreline and apparently features some great views, as well as 39 benches over its mile and a quarter length, useful for taking a break from walking and just enjoying the scenery. This time I did a better job of researching parking and seemed all set... except as I drove into town there were people everywhere, and the signs I started seeing for Ogunquitfest 2019 explained why - today was the second day of the fall festival. So I gave up immediately, did a lot of growling and swearing at the horrible traffic through town (made worse by groups of people crossing the street) and eventually found my way back to the highway and the 4 hour drive back to Albany.

Here's a nice article (with photos) about the Marginal Way on New England Today Travel.

JMH