Thursday, February 06, 2020

7.4 Mile Run on the Albany County Rail Trail
Thursday, February 6, 2020

I had originally planned to run on the rail trail yesterday after work but was too tired. Having the day off today (everything had a layer of ice-covered snow on it this morning) meant I was able to go today, albeit under very different conditions. The path was covered with about an inch of snow with a layer of ice on top... definitely harder work than yesterday would have been! It was also a grey day with very light misty rain.

But it was also in its own way quite beautiful. Plus I could see tracks from deer and turkeys crossing the path (and spotted two turkeys doing just that on my way back) and I saw quite a few squirrels and birds. And between the weather and the time of day - very few people. So maybe I lucked out that I wasn't able to run yesterday.


JMH