Tuesday, March 24, 2020

6.9 Mile Run at the Crossings of Colonie
Tuesday, March 24, 2020


If today's map looks different from the ones I usually post, that's because it is - another possible sign of the degree to which current events have me distracted is that I arrived at the Crossings & discovered that I had forgotten both my camera and my Garmin Forerunner 35, so my usual screencap of the Garmin Connect map and elevation profile isn't possible for today's outing. Fortunately I had decided to run somewhere that it's fairly easy to follow most of the paths on mapmyrun.com, though I'm sure the two stretches that run through wooded areas are estimates at best.

The paths were mostly clear of snow, which was a really nice surprise. Plenty of people out walking today, and a few runners... even a couple of people on bikes, though they mostly seemed to be avoiding the paths. Lots of birds - I saw another pileated woodpecker early on, and toward the end heard a mockingbird singing what seemed like a dozen different bird songs, as they so gloriously do.

One plus to forgetting the camera - I ran pretty consistently most of the time, without stopping. Not race pace, but more than I would usually run for a training run.