Wednesday, March 18, 2020

SUNNY & WARM MURKY & CHILLY
4.4 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
11.6 Mile Ride on the Erie Canalway Trail
Wednesday, March 18, 2020



It was sunny and warm when I got back from picking up more parts for the sink and cut a larger opening for the new basin, but by the time I got to the Kiwanis Park in Rotterdam it was getting murky, and it was definitely chillier than I expected. There was a train parked at Scrafford Lane, so I changed my plan to just keep riding west and went back to the car, in part so I could pull on pants and in part so I could drive to the newish Pattersonville trailhead to continue riding.

It was a decent ride but between the grey and the chill I never quite got into it, so I pushed myself to ride at least 15 miles (combined) but gave up on doing 20 or more.

Today's unexpected animal was a lone turtle up on a log in a section of the old canal next to the new section of path... given that parts of the old canal are still iced over, it must have been especially warm in that spot to motivate that turtle to sun himself.

JMH