Monday, April 13, 2020

1.8 Mile Walk at Buckingham Pond
Monday, April 13, 2020

One plus to the rain, there were very few people at the pond this evening. By the time I got there the rain was tapering off and it stopped completely during my first trip around.

Apparently one of the pairs if geese at the pond are return visitors - one is nesting at the same spot as last year, the wooded bank of the overflow basin. I didn't see any nesting in the usual site at the base of the dead tree across from the parking area - actually, I saw surprisingly few ducks and geese tonight.

What I saw a lot of is trash. I think I need to take a garbage bag and gloves with me sometime soon and do some cleanup, especially since our spring Community Service day has been cancelled and the Conservancy can't schedule their usual spring cleanup day. Maybe later this week on one of my "rest" days...

I wish I'd remembered a camera, because once the rain stopped it was quite scenic, with hints of sunset and mist near the surface of the pond.

JMH