Wednesday, April 29, 2020

TAILWIND - COOL! HEADWIND - NOT COOL!
21.7 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Rt 5S
Wednesday, April 29, 2020

 
The forecast indicated today would be the only day without rain before early next week, so I ended up on the bike again. After an absolutely gorgeous morning the afternoon was grey and windy, but at least that seemed to cut down a bit on foot and bike traffic on the path.
 
I parked at Lock 8 and started out heading east, turning around at the end of the path near SCCC. The wind today was unusual in that it was east to west, so I had a headwind initially and then a wonderful tailwind most of the time until I turned around in Pattersonville. Unfortunately that meant I was fighting the wind pretty much nonstop on the way back to the car.
 
Spotted my first goslings for the season in a yard in Pattersonville. I also saw what looks like an old lock along the trail that's being cleared between the future tunnel under the railroad at Scrafford Lane and the start of the current trail off of Iroquois St. Can't wait for them to get those new trail segments done! Though it boggles my mind a bit that when they do, the trail from SCCC to Mohawk will be almost entirely off-road.
 
JMH