Monday, June 15, 2020

END-TO-END-TO-END, Year 5
22 Mile Ride on Rt 5 & the Erie Canalway Trail
Monday, Jun 15, 2020


The only remaining part of the Erie Canalway Trail east of Syracuse that I hadn't ridden was a 6.5 mile stretch of Rt 5 from the Genesee St trailhead in Utica to Lock 19 in Schuyler. I can't say it's a section I'll ever feel the urge to ride again - too much traffic and the road surface in Utica was pretty lousy - but now I've ridden everything east of Syracuse, so "all" that's left is the on-road stretch through Syracuse (another section I'm really not looking forward to), some off road trail between Knowlesville and Gasport, and then everything west of Lockport. (Of course, I'll also have some short bits to re-do later this year, once the offroad trail between German Flatts and Rt 167 near Little Falls is complete, and once the new trails being built between Rotterdam Junction and Pattersonville are done. But those will be easy to do, once work is complete.)

Time will tell if this will be the year I finally complete this project...