Monday, September 25, 2023

BACK TO THE SOURCE... PART 2:
10.1 Mile Run at Thacher Park
Monday, September 25, 2023


I haven't spent nearly as much time at Thacher as I would have liked over the past couple of years... in addition to being a beautiful place, it's also the site of my first ever trail race, way back in 1998 - the currently defunct Indian Ladder 15k, at that time run out of the Glen Doone picnic area (it moved to the Haile's Cave area a few years later, and stayed there until 2016, then had a very brief revival in 2018 running out of the Yellow Rock picnic area.) Today I originally thought to run a modified version of the old courses, which I suppose I did - a mashup of the course I first ran and the 2000-2016 courses. It was a cool rainy day which cut down on the number of folks out on the trails, and the wet weather we've been having for a month or so meant some of the trails were very muddy...