Tuesday, September 19, 2023

BACK TO THE SOURCE... PART 1
9 Mile Run on the Appalachian Trail (South Egremont - Sheffield)
Tuesday, September 19, 2023


This stretch of the Appalachian Trail (well, the stretch between Sheffield-Egremont Rd & Guilder Hollow Rd) is where I first ran trails, way back in 1997 or 1998. With all the craziness that the last week has brought... I needed to get back to my roots.

It would have been sweet to go all the way to the base of East Mountain before turning around, but I was concerned that I'd end up spending too much time running in the dark if I did that, and also that my legs didn't have 11-11.5 miles in them today. As it turned out, I had plenty of light all the way back to the car... though it got dark pretty quickly once I got back on the road to Albany. Regardless, this was a trip well worth taking.

I sure do miss living down there...