Thursday, November 16, 2023

OK, Enough is Enough!
Thursday, November 16, 2023

After classes wrapped up today I changed clothes and headed over to Pattersonville to run on the Canalway Trail heading west - I was hoping to get in 6-8 miles.

Just after getting off the Thruway at exit 26, a deer ran across the road in front of me and I hit the brakes, thinking "crap, there's going to be another one!" and just a moment later the other one bounced off the hood of my car.

So in two months I've been rear-ended, doing enough damage to total my 2012 Civic, had a car knock off the driver's side mirror and scrape the front panel of my "new" 2015 Civic, and now a deer break-danced on the front of the hood. (So far it looks like the hood being banged up is the only damage from that, the plastic grill that needed to be replaced when I bought the car wasn't even broken. I've ordered a dent puller to see if I can pop them at least partially back out.)

I guess I can no longer say that my car only gets hit when it's standing still. But it would be REALLY nice if I could go back to it not being hit at all for a good long time.

(And no, I didn't go for the run - hitting/being hit by the deer rattled me too much, I turned around and drove home.)